The onboarding of players into Web3 has been a central focus for many working in the industry; without the playerbase, there’s no value in creating games to play. However, in the last 12 to 18 months, many have noticed that the problem extends one level above that: without onboarding developers, there’s no one to create the games. Well, Fractal is tackling that head-on with their Fractal Developers hub.
What Is Fractal Developers?
Fractal Developers is a suite of tools to not only aid developers in building Web3 games and harnessing blockchain, but also for integrating important functions paramount to Web3 games. This comes in the form of multiple APIs and SDKs, although the only SDK currently available is for web-based games. The features of Fractal Developers are as follows:
- Sign in With Fractal: An easy-to-use sign-in system for effortless onboarding that can be used with socials and has full OAuth support. This signs the player into the non-custodial Fractal wallet.
- Wallet API Calls: With Fractal’s wallet integrated into the platform, the Developers suite of tools allows developers to access information about users’ holdings (tokens and NFTs).
- In-Game Marketplace: The Marketplace API allows developers to setup a white label in-game marketplace in minutes, which includes the use of the newly released fiat purchase option for NFTs.
- Web SDK: Although the Unity and Unreal Engine SDKs are not available at the time of writing this, the Web SDK is live and ready to use for developers creating browser-based games.
- Tournament API: This API enables the creation of tournaments for your game within Fractal, which they will help with. This includes scores and a tournament leaderboard.
The Fractal Developers suite is the most comprehensive toolset I have seen in Web3 so far. While options are out there, they’re still few and far between, and to have a platform behind them that is active and functional is an impressive extra dimension.
The ease of onboarding and easy-to-create non-custodial wallets for players is superb, but the stand-out feature of Fractal Developers is the Marketplace API which resolves an almighty headache for Web3 game devs if they would like an in-game solution.
Fractal continues to be one of the organizations pushing Web3 gaming forward and a firm favorite of Token Gamer.