The Sandbox Alpha Season 2 has been announced, starting 3rd March 2022, with more opportunities to play and earn!
At the end of 2021, one of the most highly anticipated blockchain games and metaverses, The Sandbox, opened its doors for a while in the first Alpha test event. Now, Season 2 of the Alpha begins and with it, comes a lot to do:
- Alpha Season 2 has 35+ experiences in total, that are available to everyone with a free TSB account (sign up now if it’s not already done)!
- This includes 18 upgraded experiences originally introduced in Alpha Season 1 + 5 new original experiences + 4 new user-built GameMakerFundexperiences + 3 new IP experiences, and 1brand new transportation HUB.
- You can now access the game on both PC and Mac!
- 200 Quests are available to complete and get a chance to earn the Season 2 Alpha Pass.
- More Alpha Passes available and more ways to earn $SAND
- In short, Season 2 is bigger, better, longer, and open to all players for free! Are you ready? We sure are!” — The Sandbox Medium Announcement
You read that correctly, Alpha Season 2 will allegedly be open to everyone and if you sign up (by clicking the link in the quote above), you will hopefully get access. There are lots of raffles, competitions, and ways to earn, if that’s what draws you in.
Alpha Season 1 was a success overall, with over 5,000,000 $SAND earned, 15,000 NFTs distributed, 200,000 visitors to the Alpha Hub, and 90% positive feedback. Now, they’re presumably looking to test their infrastructure a little more by making entry passes far less exclusive. That said, the rewards for completing activities in that alpha event were sought after, with 3 NFTs and 1,000 $SAND.
The Sandbox is one of the most promising current iteration metaverses and if nothing else, they have been unparalleled at onboarding big brands and names into the space. Their eclectic mix of involved parties includes (and most famously) Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Adidas, Atari, and far more.